Saturday, April 11, 2015

April Thoughts: Goodbye Winter!

We can put up with a few rain drops if it means flowers in May! #spring  #AprilShowers 

Hello Spring! Goodbye Winter!

Okay...I know the first day of spring was a few weeks back but lets be honest, it hasn't really felt like spring until now. I know April is famous for its showers, but I will take showers over snow any day. So help me, if I see so much as one more snowflake fall from the sky there will be consequences...

But I digress.

This morning I was pleasantly awoken (those two words form a paradox) by birds chirping outside my window. And when I went for my run, I saw buds on the trees! This means its about to get a whole lot green around here, and, sadly, it also means I will soon be suffering from the customary bout of springtime allergies. I have waited what seems like an eternity for the temperature to remain consistently above 55. Fortunately, all the snow has melted. Still, it feels like I'll be waiting a bit longer before I can twirl around in a sundress.

I know for many people, New Years is usually the time to commit to change. They promise themselves to start eating better, to exercise more, to commit to positivity. But as I said in my New Years Resolutions Video, such changes are difficult to make in the middle of winter when its cold and miserable and all you want to do is curl up in a ball on your couch with a bowl of steaming mac-and- cheese. I personally prefer to commit to self-change in the spring, when the warm sun helps fuel my motivation. With that said,here are my goals for spring:

1. Go outside and explore!
2. Buy at least one flower crown.
3. Learn the Boston T system better so I can visit friends.
4. Commit to cardio at least three times a week.
5. Start writing more, no matter how tired you are.
6. Clean out my car and wash it.
7. Paint a beautiful springtime scene.
8.Stop abusing the snooze button on my morning alarm clock.
9. Do more vlogs outside.
10. Get a nice indoor plant.

Well, Thats all the goals I'm going to set for now, I'm sure by the time summer rolls around the list will have grown. Do you have any springtime suggestions for me? If you do, let me know down in the comments!

Much Love,
Hayleigh




No comments:

Post a Comment