Sunday, February 14, 2016

My Engagement Story

(Image Source)
Hello internet, it's been a while...

Its been quite a whirlwind of activity these past few months. And it is for that very reason I decided to take a break from blogging. I missed it terribly, but alas, I came to realize that I needed to focus on the things going on in my real life before I resumed my life on the internet.  But now I'm back, and I thought I'd take the opportunity to start 2016 on a high note!

While there was a huge part of me that wondered if I should even share what was a very very intimate moment between my man and I, after careful pondering I decided... why the hell not? Its my blog and I'll write what I want. Besides,in my humble opinion, its too good of a story not to share, especially on Valentines Day.

That being said, there are some parts of my life that I do wish to keep private so, rather than reveal my husband-to-be's real name, he has requested that I refer to him as "Marty McFly." If that doesn't give you an indication of how awesome he is, wait till you've read this whole post.

Friday - Nov. 13, 2015

I went to work that morning expecting something good was going to happen. Not because I had any clue about what Marty McFly had planned, but because, for whatever reason Friday the 13th has historically been my  lucky day. It's the day my cat came back after he went missing for a month, it's the day I was hired by the company I work for now, its the day when Marty Mcfly and I started dating,  its the day where all good things are bound to happen.

Needless to say I was in a pretty cheerful mood.

 Then things got a bit weird. I got a text at work from Marty McFly (okay now I'm gonna giggle every time I type this name), saying that I had to do camera work for the studio where he works that night and, in addition, he needed me to pick up some things at our apartment on my way there. I was very confused. This was very short notice and wasn't aware that we were supposed to be doing any filming that night. Usually I was given a few days notice for any upcoming shoots. Still, I told him I would be there after work and I would pick up some dinner on my way there. A few minutes later I got another text saying that the shoot was "cancelled" and that I was to head straight to the apartment where a surprise was awaiting me. 

Any thoughts I might have had on what was in store for me were quickly pushed aside by my own work. By the time I got home, it was very dark and  I was too eager to start the weekend to even notice Marty Mcfly's car parked outside our building as he was supposed to be "working late." I ascended the stairway and had almost inserted the key all the way in the lock when I heard music coming from inside our apartment. 

By now, girls far more clever than I would have put all the pieces together, but my first thought was "there's a burglar in my apartment." I opened the door with my purse raised, preparing to use it as a weapon if need be, and that's when I saw it...

I was standing in our hallway which was illuminated by Christmas lights, there was a trail of purple petals on the floor, and hanging directly in front of me, was a gorgeous green dress with a note taped to it that said "Hello Beautiful! Put this dress on in the bedroom. Follow the red strings to the clues. At the end of this maze is a very handsome man with a very important question."

I stood there what must have been a full minute before the enormity of what was happening crashed over me like a tidal wave. I took the dress in stunned silence, then followed the red string from the hallway to the bedroom. I had a tiny moment when I put the dress on.I loved it so much and, knowing what was about to happen, it felt even more special. Once I composed myself, I followed the string back down the hall and into the living room where a beautiful bouquet of flowers was waiting for me. I looked to my left and saw a light coming from the dining room where I assumed Mcfly was hiding. But then I looked to see there was a note taped to the vase of flowers it read:
 "Turn Around..."

Rather than standing in the dining room, Mcfly was hiding in the darkness of the kitchen (sneaky!) He walked over to me and I was surprised to see that he was wearing a suit. My hands automatically went to my cover my mouth (cliche I know but I couldn't help it) and I started to cry. I've never cried happy tears before. NEVER. I was on such a different plane of emotions that the only thing that escaped out of my mouth were excited/nervous giggles.

Then he got down on one knee..

I wont tell you exactly what was said. Some things should only be shared between two people. I will say though that they were the most romantic words that have ever been uttered to me, and my response to those words was "Yes. Yes, of course."

 And the rest, as they say, is history. I hope you enjoyed my proposal story. It's the first of many posts I look forward to writing this year.

Happy Valentines Day!
Much Love,
Hayleigh
xoxox

(P.S. If you have any love stories of your own you'd like to share, please post them in the comments below.  They don't necessarily have to be romantic, they can be about love shared between friends, family, pets...whatever your heart desires!)

1 comment:

  1. While I know some of the story (as I got the excited and tear filled call at work about your big news) I am crying....so teribbly, terribly romantic. It's the love story every MOM, (aka 'girl') wants to hear for her child. So incredibly happy for you, my beautiful daughter.

    ReplyDelete