Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Vintage Barn: My Favorite Store

If you ever find yourself in Massachusetts, do me a favor, take a little trip down the Daniel Shays Highway. Keep driving until you come to the center of Belchertown, drive though the light and bear left on to Mill Valley Rd. Stop driving when you see this...

 Congratulations, you have just found one of Belchertown's best kept secrets .
This ladies and gents, is The Vintage Barn, a.k.a my favorite store.

  Warning! this post contains a TON of photos (I couldn't help myself).
Vintage Barn: Exterior
I first discovered the Vintage Barn on an outing with my mom. We were just driving around; which is another way of saying we went shopping. It wasn't until the end of our journey that we happened to stumble upon this little red building. We turned into the parking lot, not thinking anything of it. I was impressed by all of the beautiful antiques placed on the porch, but it wasn't until I stepped inside that I had an Alice-falling-down-the rabbit-hole experience.


Talk about a treasure chest! There was just so much to look at...if it wasn't vintage, unique, sparkling, or just plain gorgeous, it wasn't in the store. The store also features the work of local craftsman. As I said in my previous post, my personal style leans toward the side of whimsy. Needless to say, I was in heaven . Seriously, there was something special tucked into every nook and cranny. We immediately received a very warm welcome from the stores owner Lisa Allen, who has since become a very good friend. After looking around...for quite a while (Seriously, my dad called and asked if we were ever coming home), I made my first purchase; an absolutely gorgeous lamp which is sitting on the table to my right as I type this.

Whenever I go into the Vintage Barn, my wallet practically opens itself. That is not to say that I spend a fortune whenever I go there; quite the contrary. Everything at the vintage barn is fairly priced and entirely unique. Aside from the lamp I mentioned earlier, some other purchases I have made include: a chandelier made to look like a tea-set, a metal "@" symbol to hang on my wall and a packet of barbecue-spice rub which was made locally.

Try some of the free samples!

Wanna see some of my favorite items I discovered on my most recent trip? Scroll on down!

This box of felted mushrooms :)

These adorable pink baby slippers!




Homemade Candles
Vintage Signs
Hand-knitted hats, scarves and socks 
Sparkly!

Spotted some infinity scarves in the corner

cute pillows 

If you want to discover the rest of what the store has to offer you can check out their Facebook Page
or you can pop on by for a visit. Oh and one more thing...

I want to take him home with me!
If you happen to see this friendly ball of fluff in the store, don't be alarmed, his name is Buddy and he is the store mascot. Be sure to say hi to him when you walk through the door.

Seriously, if you ever find yourself in Western MA, go to the Vintage Barn. Step inside, have a free fresh cup of coffee (oh yeah, they have that too!), say hi to Lisa and buy yourself something nice. I promise you wont regret it! :)

Much Love
-Hayleigh




2 comments:

  1. This place looks absolutely magical! I'm in love with those felted mushrooms. I love places like this; you can get lost for hours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah! I go there all the time and with every visit I discover something new :)

      Delete